Wednesday, 30 March 2011

Animation Shots

Animation Shots

Heres just a list of what i can gather needs animating and Roughly who will be doing what....

P= Priority Shot

P- Camera Zoom in eagle view. - Sam

P - Marmot sniffing the smell - Daljeet

P - Marmot pokes head up behind rock - Daljeet

P - Marmot sneaks up behind mongol -

- Mongol looks around (CU)

- Mongol and Marmot come face to face

P - Marmot steals the Chicken

P - Marmot runs away -

- Marmot runs off Tex Avery Style

- Mongol runs towards camera

- Mongol chase marmot up a hill and they trip on rock – marmot leaps forward and Mongol is thrown. – Tex Avery style

- Sliding down hill.

- Camera shake towards log

- Marmot and Mongol Sliding through log.

P - Both slide out of log, Marmot get grabbed in mid air

P - Free-Fall Fighting - Hayley

- Cloud of smoke (After effects) - Sam

P - Climb out of ditches both Mongol and marmot.

- Marmot and Mongol run cycle over the hills

- Mongol reaches top of hill slowly – out of breath

- Marmot dancing

P - Mongol takes chicken from behind the marmot

- Bird flying in - David

- Marmot point out the eagle behind him, jumping up and down and flapping his arms.

- Mongol looks around at bird.

P - Bird snatches chicken - David

- Marmot turning on a Spit.

Models to be done:



Environment – Mountains – Cliff, Hill Slide down.


Marmot as Burnt

Environment – Ground holes when they crash to floor.

Next Three Weeks – TO DO:

Sam and David – Environment with cameras Set up. - Tuesday

Tara – Improving Rigs.

Hayley – Animation tests

Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Mongol Test texture..

Mongol Adding and making the test textures for the clothing......

This above picture has the Bump added to the texture, below the mongol is textured without the Bump...

Face texture, created in photoshop. Need to get rid of the shading on the face and make sure the same skin colour is used on the hands.....
Below is the UV texture map i Tried to create with the help of Marios.

Hat Bump map, created in Photoshop, sing black an white and inverting them over....

The hat texture added fur at a low opacity so its not too strong and the seems wont be noticed as much...

Here is the Hats UV map

The Mongols Bump Map for the Clothing,

The Mongol's Texture for the Clothing.

The UV Map for the Clothing.....

Mongolian issues

The Hand/ wrist for the mongolian has come away from the mesh of the clothing, This was down to hayley having Wrist controls controlled in the attribute editor. It was a strange way to get the wrist moving instead of using the rotate tool.The hand got a crease in it due to something in the attribute editor being set to 1 rather than at 0, therefor i took it off again.
The arms were being a pain for weights as they were chunky and wouldn't go to where i needed them to go.
The clothing on the legs was the biggest issue i've ever had as the legs would come through the top of the clothing. It was extremely difficult to get right and took hours. Still, the leg stretch at extreme values allows the cloth to be crumpled.

Thursday, 17 March 2011

Environment concepts

Got a bit bored, and a bit worried we don't really know what the environment is going to look like, so i've done a few concepts today to try and get a feel for the project.

This first is where the characters are sliding down the hill towards the big mountain at the end.

This is the tree and the fire place which has a bit more variety in the rocks and chicken placed on the spit.

There also is the log in which the Marmot jumps out behind.

It may look out of place, so David is in two minds to have it as a rock....

These are my initial Huts taken into Photoshop......

Finally, I decided to do a concept of the two main characters about to fall off the Cliff..... What a dive that is.... I think it could be a really nice shot as they pause in the air and the drop, like the Tex Avery Road Runner sequences, Would add good pace to the film.....

Tuesday, 15 March 2011

Mongol Painting weights Problems

When painting the weights I tried to get the mongol in as many positions as possible so that there wernt as many problems with the cloth.
I got the mongol sitting down and had to paint the weights again near his crutch in order for vertices not to be coming right out, deforming the mesh. The smooth tool in the painting weights helped with this issue again.

The Hand issue was a attribute not set at the right name, i believe it was to move the pinky finger curl in.

I think over all the weights on this clothing has haunted me three or four times now. Im not sure if it will ever be exact.

Marmot Blends

Marmot Painting Weights

Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Experimentation - Concept Work

Here I used the rig to put the Marmot in a pose in Maya, I then Rendered out an occlusion for the marmot and went over the top in Photoshop to create this concept art work.....

UV Texturing the Eagle.......

UV texturing the Eagle

Used Planar mapping and automatic mapping to try get the eagle UV done.
I want to start rigging the eagle, so I decided to get started on UV texturing him as know-one else volunteered....

Added eyes to the eagle, they are the same as the marmots, but they can blink and they may not even be seen in the film.

Had problems applying texture, realsied it needed to be a PSD file node, and not just a file, that or i needed to save the file as a JPEG or a Targa.

Texture working ok......sweet, time to get rigging......

Ready to give to David to texture.....