Wednesday 25 May 2011

The Twins_Problem with Frank

The twins came to me with their problem. Andy had made the rig, but the blendshapes were not attaching properly and therefore didn't work, this meant they had one model attached to a rig and another model with blendshapes. The reason I found they were not working was the fact that the two models were different, one was bigger than the other and therefore seen as different meshes. 
To resolve their problem I took the rig and used the model that worked with the blendshapes I then had to make the new clothing fit as Alex had made a new coat and the attach the model and paint the weights. Because there were two meshes,getting the weights right on both of them was a pain. Therefore I learnt a new tool which was to wrap the clothing to the model. This helped a lot as then I could paint the weights to the man unclothed and then the clothing when on would follow wherever the man was moved. There were a couple of issues with the rig, one was that the fingers controller was set up strange. The finger controls were controlled with the grab, so the fingers would move only as much as the index bend ect. This wouldn't be as much of a problem but for close up animation of the hands I think it could limit them.
The rig still has some weighting issues but I'm afraid if I go too much into it I won't get my work done in time, therefore I've done the best I van do on the time frame I had.
They came back to me today with a different problem, the blendshapes and finger movements are lagging, unfortunately this has to do with the history on the character and his blend-shapes and the wrap of the clothing, and without deleting it, it cannot go away, if it was to be deleted, all painting weights on the character would disappear and it wouldn't be connected at all, therefore the only way to solve it this late on in the term would be to play blast the blend shapes, it's a longer way around the issue, but hopefully they can still get something out of the rig.

No comments:

Post a Comment